The Howard County Law Offices of Alisa G. Cummins, PC offers comprehensive services for a wide variety of family law conflicts. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Alisa G. Cummins, PC help clients to reach fair and equitable solutions to their disputes through alternate dispute resolution whenever possible or through skilled litigation when necessary.
Find out more about the firm’s lawyers by reviewing their personal bios:
Providing outstanding personalized attention to your family conflict
When you need a family attorney, call the Law Offices of Alisa G. Cummins, PC at 410-465-0001 or contact the firm online to arrange for a consultation. The firm's attorneys offer attentive, individualized service to each client. We serve clients throughout Howard County, Maryland and surrounding counties, including: Baltimore, Anne Arundel, Frederick, Carroll, Harford, Montgomery and Prince George’s counties.
The main office is located in Ellicott City, Maryland near the Howard County Courthouse. Just 12 miles west of downtown Baltimore, this office can be reached via Interstates 695, 95 and 70 and via Routes 29, 100 and 40. The firm's attorneys also meet with clients — by appointment only — at our office in Towson, Maryland. The offices are accessible for our clients with special needs, and our principal office in Ellicott City offers free parking.
Alisa G. Cummins
E-mail: Alisa G. Cummins Phone: 410-465-0001
Alisa G. Cummins is the principal at the Law Offices of Alisa G. Cummins, PC. She is admitted to practice in Maryland in the district, circuit and appellate courts, as well as the U.S. District Court, District of Maryland. Ms. Cummins received her B.A., cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University in 1989 and received her J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law in 1992. Her areas of practice include:
- 1992, Maryland
- 1993, U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- 2012, Supreme Court of the United States
Awards and Training
- Worldwide Registry Lifetime Member Recognition
- Super Lawyer, Since 2009
- Legal Elite, Smart CEO, 2010
- Howard County Bar Association, Family Law Committee—Co-Chair
- Baltimore County Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- Bar Association of Baltimore City, Family Law Committee
- Maryland State Bar Association, Council - Section on Family and Juvenile Law
- Maryland State Bar Association, Section on Solo and Small Firm Practice
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- American Bar Association, Section on Family and Juvenile Law
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland
- Howard County Inns of Court
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Maryland Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Member, Statutory Considerations Committee of the Commission on Child Custody Decision-Making
- Leadership Howard County Class of 2014
Teaching, Lecturing, and Publications
Ms. Cummins has had the privilege of teaching and lecturing in a variety of contexts both in the areas of continuing legal education and law school course work. Ms. Cummins’ speaking engagements include:
- Maryland State Bar Association, The Maryland Bar Journal, Volume XLV, Number 1, "Custody and Visitation Cases; How to Serve the Child's Best Interests," Co-Author with The Honorable Diane O. Leasure and Keith N. Schiszik
- Maryland State Bar Association, Hot Tips/Topics in Family Law, "Interesting Places to Subpoena"
- Faculty, Administrative Office of the Courts, Department of Family Administration, "Representing Children in Contested Custody Cases in Maryland: the Guidelines of Practice for Court-Appointed Lawyers Representing Children in Cases Involving Child Custody or Child Access"
- Baltimore City Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education Committee, "Basic Divorce Law for the General Practitioner"
- Family Law University, MICPEL, "Direct and Cross Examination"
- Institute for Paralegal Education, "Complex Divorce Issues for the Maryland Paralegal"
- University of Maryland School of Law, Guest Speaker, Children and Divorce, Practical Advice & Tips from Court-Appointed Attorneys
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyer Service, pro bono,1997–present
- Legal Services to the Elderly, 1997–present
- Circuit Court for Baltimore City, Domestic Mediator, 1997–present
- Circuit Court for Baltimore County, Domestic Facilitator, 2005–present
- Howard County Bar Association Family Law Clinic, 2010–present
Jennifer O. Bradbury
E-mail: Jennifer O. Bradbury Phone: 410-465-0001
Jennifer O. Bradbury is an associate at the Law Offices of Alisa G. Cummins, PC. She is admitted to practice in Maryland in the district, circuit and appellate courts. Ms. Bradbury received her B.A., magna cum laude, from Messiah College in Grantham, Pennsylvania and received her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Maryland School of Law. During law school, Ms. Bradbury performed an Asper Fellowship supervised by the Honorable Richard S. Bernhardt of the Circuit Court for Howard County. After law school, Ms. Bradbury served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard S. Bernhardt. During her clerkship, she was exposed to a variety of highly contested family law cases involving divorce, alimony, custody disputes, child support, domestic violence, and complex property divisions. Ms. Bradbury has also performed internships with the Maryland Office of the Public Defender, Appellant Division and Baltimore City Department of Social Services, Legal Services Division. Ms. Bradbury also served as a Student Outreach Coordinator for AmeriCorps (North Carolina Campus Compact AmeriCorps*VISTA, Duke University). Admitted to the Maryland Bar in December 2011, Ms. Bradbury joined the Law Offices of Alisa G. Cummins, PC in August 2012 and currently handles cases involving all family law related matters.
- Howard County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland
Activities & Awards
- Dean’s Award, University of Maryland School of Law, 2010-2011 Academic Year
- The University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class, Member
- Maryland Public Interest Law Project, Member
- Christian Legal Society, Member (Secretary 2009-2011)
- Maryland Law Katrina Project, Criminal Law Program Co-Chair (2009-2011)
- Phi Alpha Theta, National History Honors Society